Lisa Harper - Hebrews-The Nearness of King Jesus published by Lifeway 2013
- The book of Hebrews highlights two contrasting realities: Jesus is supreme, and Jesus is approachable. Lisa will help you engage and treasure the book of Hebrews as you draw near to Jesus.
- This is a 7 session study. Each video session is 30-40 minutes long. The homework is medium. Lighter than a typical Beth Moore but still in depth. Allow about 30 each day for homework, 5 days of homework per week. The homework is set up with several options to fit many schedules and desired levels of depth. The DVD has a bonus feature with a special teaching by Mandisa.
- Even on our worst day, God won't leave us. Explore God's unchanging love in Malachi. No matter how often we mess up, God loves His broken people.
- This is an 8 week study of the Israelites coming home from Jerusalem. Session1) When your Tara's trashed (and your dog is dead); 2) God's definitive declaration of affection; 3) Going Big or Going Home; 4) Our Creator is a Committed Family Man; 5) When Divine Grace Masquerades as Discipline; 6) God's Miraculous Return on Our Meager Investments; 7) The Promise of Pirouetting Livestock; 8) Closing the Book of Malachi.
- There are 7 weeks of homework. Lisa will challenge you. This is not a look up the verse and fill in the blank type of homework. You will have to get personal with yourself and think about how you feel on some big issues.
Beth Moore - Children of the Day: 1 & 2 Thessalonians published by Lifeway 2014
- The New Testament believers carried the Spirit of God as they walked along the shores of Thessalonica, just as you carry that light today. "You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." 1 Thess. 5:5
- "Jesus also prayed for those who would believe in Him today. You count, Sister, all it takes to lead is for people to see you following Jesus" pg. 17 of the workbook.
- This is a 9 session study with 8 weeks of homework. The videos are around one hour in length.
- The homework is typical, plan about 40 minutes per day. There are suggested levels of homework so people can choose what is best for them and their schedule.
- There is a 28 day prayer challenge in the back of the workbook. If you do not pray for yourself please pray for your church and its children or who ever God may put on your heart.
Beth Moore - Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Word of Prophecy published by Lifeway 2006
- Just as the prophet Daniel faced unbelievable pressure to compromise his faith in a hostile culture and was constantly confronted by temptations and threats, today's believers face similar trials. Daniel models how to develop enduring integrity in an enticing world.
- This is a 12 session study, with 11 weeks of homework. It is divided into two parts. The first portion, from Daniel chapters 1-6, deals with Daniel's life as he faced pressures and temptations. The second part, chapters 6-12, explore the thrilling prophecies from the time of Daniel through the second coming of Christ.
- The videos are about an hour and homework is standard Beth Moore. Plan at least 40 minutes per day for homework, 5 lessons per week.
- RWM also has the audio CD's for this study. Same content as DVD's.
Beth Moore - Here and Now, There and Then: study of Revelation published by Living Proof Ministries 2009
- Beth does a great job of teaching Revelation. She gives several interpretations plus tells you the one she believes. Hang on to your hat, though, a lot of information is covered during the video session.
- Beth connects the dots for us from Genesis to Revelation and leaves you praising our great and mighty Savior.
- The format for this study is light homework with more video teaching. The video teachings are about an hour and a half long. Most groups are listening to all the video session at one time but a few have split the sessions so they are not so long.
- It is an 11 week study with 10 weeks of light homework. Plan on an hour or two to do all the homework for the week.
Beth Moore - Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent published by Lifeway 2007
- The study of Psalms 120-134. Three times a year, the ancient Israelites traveled to the temple in Jerusalem. Traveling pilgrims sang these psalms both on the way to the great festivals of Jews and as key elements of worship at those festivals. You will gain a new appreciation for the life of faith as a journey to greater fellowship with and of worship of God.
- This is a 7 session study with 6 weeks of homework, each video is around an hour in length.
- Homework is typical, plan for about 40 minutes each day. At the end of each lesson Beth has you write a Psalm. If you want more study Beth suggests looking at the Psalms using Strongs. She suggests www.blueletter.org. You can also try www.biblehub.com. At the top of the page is a version link, there you will see all the versions and some are combined with the Strongs Greek dictionary. Type in your Psalm in the search then put the little hand on the word and the meaning with come up.
- Beth also suggests turning the Psalm into a personal prayer.
- Ideas for using it as a personal retreat in the back of leaders guide.
Beth Moore - James: Mercy Triumphs published by Lifeway 2011
- James forces us to face the implications of faith. Be inspired by this study and put your faith into action in practical ways as you get to know both the man and the book of James.
- Beth explores such concepts as joy, hardship, faith, wisdom, single-mindedness, the tongue, humility, prayer and more.
- This is an 8 session study with 7 weeks of homework. The videos are about one hour long.
- Homework is typical awesome Beth Moore. She gives optional homework choices to fit the many schedules.
- NOTE-Jen Hatmaker's study "The 7 Experiment " would follow this study really well if you are ready to put your faith into action.
- Some groups have ended the study doing an outreach of some sort, for example they all volunteered at a food bank or soup kitchen.
Kelly Minter - Nehemiah-A Heart that can Break published by Lifeway 2012
- Nehemiah's heart broke so deeply for the suffering Jews that he left the comfort of his Persian palace to restore their desolate community. Nehemiah will inspire you to listen to what God has put in your heart to do. Let God break your heart for the hurting, because He often uses a breaking heart to restore the broken.
- This is a 7 session study with 6 weeks of homework. Listening guides, in the workbook, have space for notes and are followed by application questions. For example, video 1, "How did it affect you to learn that Nehemiah heard about the Jew's suffering while living in a Persian Resort?" 5 days of homework per week. Recipes are included at the end of each week of homework. Plan about 25 minutes for homework. Leaders guide is in the back of the workbook.
- Session 1-What Makes you Weep? Session 2-Come Together. Session 3-A City Needs People. Session 4-The Word Returns. Session 5-A People Pray. Session 6-Looking for a New City. Session 7- Wrap Up. DVD's are about 25 minutes long.
Kelly Minter - What Love Is-The Letters of 1, 2, & 3 John published by Lifeway 2014
- "THIS IS HOW WE KNOW WHAT LOVE IS; JESUS CHRIST LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US' (1 JOHN 3:16) The Letters of 1, 2, & 3 John define love in the person of Jesus and call us to love like He loved.
- John anchors us with the truth in a culture that has lost its way. He separates light from darkness, offers community for loneliness and rest for our striving. Throughout his letters John gives us the ultimate gift of assurance: we can know that we know Jesus.
- This is a 7 session study with 6 weeks of homework. Listening guides are in the workbook. This guide has space for notes and is followed by application/group discussion questions. For example from video 5, "How does your daily reality reflect the premise that the pressure is off you and on Jesus as the vine and His Father as the gardener? In what ways do you see yourself constantly striving, fretting, and attempting to control?"
- Each video session is about 30 minutes long. Session 1-Introduction. Session 2-Fellowship. Session 3-Walking in the Light. Session 4-Knowing and Assurance. Session 5-Abide, Dwell, and Remain. Session 6-Love. Session 7-Keep Yourselves from Idols.